Your child's health form must be filled out by your physician and must be returned before the first day of school. Children must have a complete physical examination each year. Required inoculations and immunizations must be up to date. Immunizations required by the Department of Health and FDC&F are Hepatitis B, diphtheria, tetanus, pertussis (whooping cough), poliomyelitis, and measles.
- If your child's medical information should change during the course of the year (s/he develops an allergy, is put on medication, etc.) you must notify your child's teacher in writing.
- If your child will not be attending school because s/he is ill, please notify the school.
- Children attending MAB are expected to be well enough to participate in all activities including outdoor play.
- Children who become ill during the day will be allowed to rest in the office until the parent arrives. One staff member will be assigned to observe the child and be sure of her comfort and safety. If and when a child displays a temperature of 100 degrees Fahrenheit, he/she will be required to be retrieved from the school. Parents will be contacted to rely this, and have them pick up the child in question.
Please do not send your child to school on days when any of the following symptoms are present
- discharge of discolored mucus from nose or eyes
- sore throat