Families seeking admission must visit the school office to set up an interview and obtain a list of required documents.
All parents seeking admission for their child to the Lower and/or Upper School programs, must:
- Contact the office for detailed enrollment information and to obtain a copy of the application form.
- Complete the application and return it to the school office with the non-refundable application fee, a copy of the child’s Birth Certificate, and the corresponding Health Forms.
- School visits are required for all student applicants. Applicants for the Lower School [Infants through Kindergarten] will undergo a brief interview and evaluation. Applicants to the Upper School [First through Eighth Grade] will undergo an interview process and must take an admissions test evaluation.
- Once the school has received the registration forms, the non-refundable enrollment fee and the signed tuition agreement, a space will be reserved for your child.
- If the school has full enrollment the applicants’ names are placed on a waiting list. As space becomes available, the administration notifies the parents and proceeds with the next step of the enrollment process.
The ideal student is a good citizen who is respectful. MAB seeks to create and maintain a student body consisting of students with varying capabilities who will flourish and add to the Montessori environment and community.
Enrollment applications are accepted year-round for the following academic year.
Children that are incoming to the Infants program must be at least 8 weeks old.
Toddlers program is from 1.5 years old to 2.5 years of age [toilet training is not a requirement for admission into the Toddler and Young Montessorians programs].
Young Montessorians program students must be 2.5 years of age at time of admission.
Preschool program students must be 3.5 years of age at time of admission.
Kindergarteners must be 5 years of age by September 1.
Students entering First Grade must be 6 years of age by September 1.
For younger applicants, the perceived ability to adapt to Montessori methods, as well as behavior, is critical to a student’s admission.
Factors in acceptance:
- Preference to siblings, then
- Transfer students from other Montessori schools, then
- Students new to MAB.
- Age and gender distribution in the classroom
- Family Commitment (as outlined in the application letter).
At Montessori Academy we make it our policy to make all admissions decisions without discriminating on the basis of race, color, creed, religion, sex, physical disability, citizenship status, national or ethnic origin, or any other protected status.
- If enrollment is full and a parent wishes to be placed on the waiting list, he/she may request to do so at the school’s administration office.
- If a parent of a current registered student needs to take time off/vacation/personal matters/etc., he/she must pay the tuition for the time the child will be missing in order for the school to reserve the spot for the child/ren.
- After the first day of classes, new children will only be enrolled on a space-available basis.
- Standard school policies regarding withdrawals, dismissals, and refunds apply.
- Application form and corresponding fees are required for all re-enrolling and new students.
- Re-enrollment of current students and their siblings takes place between January 15 and February 28.
- The tuition agreement and enrollment fee is due by February 15.
- After the February deadline, no space will be reserved for a returning student until the current year’s tuition has been paid in full, and new registration form and corresponding registration fees have been paid.
- Classroom/Teacher “requests” are not guaranteed. Your paid registration is date-stamped and numbered to identify first-come-first-served consideration of requests. Classroom assignments are not defined until the week before the beginning of classes.
- NOTE: Space availability for the following year cannot be guaranteed after this date.