Contact the School Office
Families seeking admission must contact the school office for detailed enrollment information and to obtain all necessary application documents.
Enrollment applications are accepted year-round for the following academic year.
[Infants-Toddlers-Young Montessorians- Preschool-Kindergarten]
19200 Pines Blvd
Pembroke Pines, FL 33029
[Elementary- Middle School]
19200 Pines Blvd
Pembroke Pines, FL 33029
1) Schedule a Tour
Schedule a tour of our beautiful, state-of-the-art campus, witness Montessori education, have your enrollment questions answered, and collect the admissions packet.
2) Return completed application
Return the completed application packet which includes:
– Completed registration form
– Non-refundable application fee
– Copy of child’s Birth Certificate
– Corresponding Health Forms
3) Student Interview/Evaluation
Prospective students of our Lower School [PreK-Kindergarten] will undergo a brief interview session prior to enrollment. For younger applicants, the perceived ability to adapt to Montessori methods, as well as behavior, is critical to a student’s admission.
Prospective students of our Upper School [First – Eighth graders] will undergo an interview session and an admissions test evaluation prior to enrollment.
4) Waiting List Placement
Once the school has received all documents and a signed tuition agreement, a space will be reserved for your child. If the school has full enrollment, the applicants’ names are placed on a waiting list. As space becomes available, the administration will notify the parents about proceeding steps of the enrollment process.
Children that are incoming to the Infants program must be at least 8 weeks old.
Toddlers program is from 1.5 years old to 2.5 years of age [toilet training is not a requirement for admission into the Toddler and Young Montessorians programs].
Young Montessorians program students must be 2.5 years of age at time of admission.
Preschool program students must be 3.5 years of age at time of admission.
Kindergarteners must be 5 years of age by September 1.
Students entering First Grade must be 6 years of age by September 1.
Factors in acceptance:
- Preference to siblings, then
- Transfer students from other Montessori schools, then
- Students new to MAB.
- Age and gender distribution in the classroom
- Family Commitment (as outlined in the application letter).
At Montessori Academy we make it our policy to make all admissions decisions without discriminating on the basis of race, color, creed, religion, sex, physical disability, citizenship status, national or ethnic origin, or any other protected status.
Waiting List /Reservations:
- If there is no enrollment availability and a parent wishes to be placed on the waiting list, he/she may request to do so at the school’s administration office.
- If a parent of a current registered student needs to take time off/vacation/personal matters/etc., he/she must pay the tuition for the time the child will be missing in order for the school to reserve the spot for the child.
- After the first day of classes, new children will only be enrolled on a space-available basis.
- Standard school policies regarding withdrawals, dismissals, and refunds apply.
Re-enrollment Procedure for Current Students:
- Application form and corresponding fees are required for all re-enrolling and new students.
- Re-enrollment of current students and their siblings takes place between January 15 and February 28.
- The tuition agreement and enrollment fee is due by February 15.
- After the February deadline, no space will be reserved for a returning student until the current year’s tuition has been paid in full, and new registration form and corresponding registration fees have been paid.
- Classroom/Teacher “requests” are not guaranteed. Your paid registration is date-stamped and numbered to identify first-come-first-served consideration of requests. Classroom assignments are not defined until the week before the beginning of classes.
- NOTE: Space availability for the following year cannot be guaranteed after this date.
For your convenience, a copy of our ethics policy is available [Here]